Your search results
Hotel Owner Responsibilities
As the hotel owner, your primary goal is the success of your property. This will require you to assume many responsibilities, including:
- Managing the hotel revenue and budget, including pricing strategies and occupancy rates.
- Recruiting and managing employees.
- Setting the tone for the hotel environment and being a role model for all your employees.
- Helping out with operational duties.
- Understanding and implementing the latest hotel technologies. This includes making sure that you keep up with competitors and that your employees are suitably trained.
- Addressing problems and dissatisfied guests, and managing the guest experience and customer relations.
- Tracking feedback and reviews, and responding to negative comments. And, in general, managing the hotel’s branding and reputation.
- Overseeing work schedules.
- Purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Inspecting all public and private areas for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Ensuring that your hotel’s physical plant operates properly.
- Overseeing any renovation or redecoration activities.
- Keeping abreast of local events scheduled to occur at your property.
- Addressing any safety and security concerns.
- Preparing reports for your franchisor, if applicable and appropriate.